Wednesday, March 3, 2010

well if you winced........I'd pity you!


This is my new-found love. I spotted her/him (?) well dunno.....well spotted it (safer :p) near an old temple (Shyam Chand) in Shantipur, West Bengal. I was visiting my mom's ancestral home to seek blessings from our ancestral deity -the dear 'Anando Gopal'. Boy...does he have a great pampering during Holi. I also got to meet my siblings and we all had a great time this Holi :)

Well....coming back to my love :) ....as soon as I stepped out of the car, camera hooped around my neck, this cute little creature came up to me - a little afraid, but wagging its tiny tail vigorously to express its affection. It was absolutely adorable. Its large brown eyes looked up at me, a cute little mouth turned up in a pout. I loved it. I sat down and it came closer in excitement. It had some kind of skin disease, the hair had disappeared here and there and I was a little skeptical about patting this cute little thing. I wanted to, but I didn't 'coz I feared I'd catch its sickness. Arrggghhhhh I pity myself and feel sad at the thought of how selfishly I behaved. I tried to show it my affection by making little sounds; trying to say that I loved it. And all the while I felt guilty of not being able to get close to it out of a petty fear that it was a sick pup. We left. I feel sad now that I didn't care enough to show some love to this little creature; innocent as it was, it probably got this sickness 'coz of us...people, who pollute this world left-right-n-centre. And the worst bit is...whoever sees this pic laughs at me and says that I'm crazy to have kept this picture :(
I am sorry my dear love, you wont believe it but I so yearn to see you again and if I do, I'll cuddle you and love you so much. God bless you dear friend!

1 comment:

Goodvibes said...

been there....felt that!
in such situations, we feel our hands are tied....what can we do?
and if we do something......what will they say?
and then we helplessly procrastinate the problem, deciding to think of it tomorrow, when we r 40 something...and secure
but alas, death dosen't like standing in a queue!!