Saturday, February 6, 2010

lend me a drop, lend me a dip, drown me forever - I pray

"Man is a credulous animal, and must believe something; in the absence of good grounds for belief, he will be satisfied with bad ones." - Bertrand Russel

Here’s something I had a faint belief in. I had also once scribbled it down somewhere….yeah….somewhere, can’t trace it now. But here’s the gist of what I had written – “Is it me, or has He saved me the best for the last”.

It was a pun…definitely….the He was – you know – the omnipotent Almighty! But I had written it down when I was toiling, and toiling so hard; sometimes the wait seemed like eternity. On some days I’d spend hours waiting outside W3 or face the lily pond in new campus…only there were no lilies in it then. It stared back at me and said nothing; I waited.

Then things changed …. for the best. He had saved for me “the best for the last” and I am so thankful he did. It’s so much sweeter that way and what I have with me now is that I have grown up. Thank you!

When I look now, I see the warmth; I see what I had been looking for, for years. And I see more. A crystal drop shimmering at the corner, stealing a glance from me. An enigma that I can decode when I look. A well of emotions that’s so deep, I want to drown. Lend me a dip, will you?

No comments: