Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The God didn’t impress me this time!!


maybe he was trying too hard :|

“O Yaaron ….. Let’s go” doesn’t work out too well for me. Well I’m a Rahman fan … ‘coz? Well ‘coz he’s simply awesome. I was so looking forward to another massive Rahman hit …… but when I heard this CWG2010 no. for the 1st time….it was like one of those Suman Chatterjee/ Kabir Suman (whatever!!) no.s. Like som1 was trying too hard to give us a power-packed melody that was also a subtle n emphatic message, that would linger on forever (like waka waka ….boy, I loved that no.).

The lyrics especially stab us to death :p Reminds me of the Anu Malik shayiri gimmicks on EKLKBK or Indian Idol. Not Good!

Oh…. I understand the pressure ….. maybe Shakira wasn’t trying this hard to deliver. It just simply worked out like magic….the rawness of the moves, the melody, n the addictive fun …..waka waka will stay on my i-pod for a llllongggg time!
Hmm…… but yeah….I do understand the pressure Rahman babu. Wish you all the best next time :)

I’m sure u’ll set us all on fire again – sometime soon ;)
Cheers!

[photo courtesy AR Rahman fan page on face book http://www.facebook.com/#!/arrahman ]

No comments: