Monday, January 11, 2010

The FPM Journey


Writing a thesis is very boring! It was amazing when I was working on it...you know deciding on the exact research questions, method to be followed, designing the experiments, designing ads, running the experiments and analyzing the data, working on my model, running miles of rigorous algebra, interpreting the comparative statics....it was an awesome lot of excitement. It was amazing when one fine day I'd find a great result.

Then when I got the signal that the work was done, I started writing it all up. Fortunately, I practiced documenting my work simultaneously with the real exercises.....all that was to be done now was compile it all in one thesis. That almost killed me! Now I am into my n-th edit..... grrrrrrrrrrrrrr......and I am bored.

So I just made this little sketch in MS Paint and colored it there itself.
Well....I'm not a pro but I love the final look of it :)

It calls out to me.....says, "Ahhhhhh.....FPM......A Wonderful Journey!"
There's fun, there's excitement, there's frustration, deadlines, miles of literature to master, victory in finding awesome results, challenge of proving the worth of the work....the rigorous 4+ years put in.....an invisible hand that guides from above, a few visible hands to hold on to during the tough walk, thrill, monotone, variety - and the challenge of managing all of them together, inspiration, hopes, bashings and accolades, nostalgia on-and-off the regal burnt-brick walls, ........ a whole new world where I began.....a world that I had fallen in love with from day-1, a world that I can count on forever, a world that runs in my veins now.

I love you IIMA! :)

3 comments:

deep said...

all the best...it feels great when one enjoys doing research..

Patrali said...

thanks deep.... yeah it's fun! esp if you are doing it 'coz u want to and not 'coz your parents, or guide, or whoever coaxed you into it ;)

Dheeraj Kr Pandey said...

Mera number kab aayega