Thursday, January 28, 2010

Recipe: Amazing Green tea!


Here I am again! Now that I am nearing the end of my term at IIMA, I am growing more and more into a tea/coffee freak. Ahh......today I prepared this amazing cup of green tea! Well, I started drinking gren tea, 'coz prageet keeps telling me that too much of tea isn't good for health, esp. for females who need more iron; and caffeine apparently can retard iron absorption. Further, tannin may aggravate cases of constipation. whoa..... :o
So, I tried to make a gradual switch towards the green variety (which is considered a therapeutic wonder 'coz of its high flavonoid content and less tannin and caffeine, I guess)....well, frankly, I hated it at first. It was like having warm water that's slightly bitter and kind of weird :|
I tried to divide my day's consumption of tea into green and black :)
Well, I can't live without tea....may be Ma's to be blamed for this.....she deprived me and bhai of these delicious drops of amrit for so many years that my body just needs to make up for it (maybe bhai's share too) :p
So....the bottom-line...... I have to have tea ...... at least 4 cups....everyday :)

argghhhh...I get so carried away :p
I started writing this post to record this beautiful new recipe that I came up with about 1/2 hour back......I loved it :)

Here's what I did:

I took a little ginger (well, I am in a hostel...so I have this sun-dried spiced ginger stuff that I washed thoroughly to get rid of as much of the spice-coating as possible). I boiled a cup of water, soaked the ginger in a little boiling water and let the rest of the water rest till the temperature came down a bit. Then I added 1 tsp amla juice (I'm out of lemons; but this thing tasted great - a nice change). After that I put in the green-tea bag (used Tetley 'Green Tea'), added 3/4 tsp. honey (I don't like it too sweet) and there it was :)
A perky, yet subtle, cup of delicious tea :)

Tip: Don't brew green tea in boiling water .....strips it of its real flavor :)

No comments: