Friday, January 22, 2010

Run….run thy calves off

Today, I ran, actually jogged for about an hour. Well I've been feeling quite unfit for a while now....and everyday before retiring I promise to myself that I'll exercise on the next day and eat right. But promises are just to me made ..... that's how it works for me :p

But today, I exercised for an hour....and quite efficiently so. All the while I listened to 2 of the interviews that I had done with ad experts for my thesis. I actually have started this lunch pack deal with some guys who call themselves ‘nutrimeal’; and it was damn spicy. Well….for me! For the regular people it would be ok. I was feeling weird in my tummy the whole afternoon and evening, until I put my joggers on and started trotting. At 1st I put on some music, then I realized…instead of wasting time…why don’t I put on stuffs that I need to hear. Nice huh?

I didn’t jog all the time…I broke the monotone with occasional shoulder rotations, arm flings and stretches (side-wise), lunges, tadasan (mountain-pose yoga), and trikonasan (triangle-pose yoga). I ended with surya-namaskar (yoga) and standing kapal-bhaati (300 puffs). Feel amazing now.

However, in retrospect…..since I’ve exercised after a long time today, I’ll feel the effect of it tomorrow mostly on:
1) the thighs: my quads will be sore,
2) dear God my calves will hurt
3) back of arms and shoulders… triceps (urgghhhh)
4) and upper abs.

Phew……n if I don’t exercise tomorrow….this effort will go waste. So I will exercise tomorrow. Will I? let’s see :p

No comments: